The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats the question. I basically divide my Summer between sea trout and bass.
I'm quite lucky in having three good migratory rivers within an hours drive but always interested to hear of others exploits.
I've also got my eye on a certain stillwater where the locked in browns have had 37 years to get into ferox mode and are reachable from the bank- the brown trout Rapala countdown is waiting for them!!!

·
Banned
792 Posts
sea trout always in spring in the eastsea. Somewhere at the MeckPom Coastline. Or in Danmark, als is quite a nice fishing place for them sea trouts. What kind of rods, reels, lines and lures are you using?

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
722 Posts
I did quite a bit last couple of years , had some very good runs also banked one well brought it onto the rocks just over 12lbs, id be interested in the ferox

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies chaps.
I tend to target them in freshwater though I had a couple on fly in the salt two years back.
Given the choice I use fly- nothing to complex as on the rivers in the North East I fish you only need a handful of patterns and a bucketful of confidence. Oh, and conditions to be right but thats another story.

Generally I'll stick to orange and gold patterns for daylight fishing in slightly coloured water and black and silver patterns for night fishing in clear water.
If the river is in spate then I'll spin using Mepps Aglia, Flying C's and small Rapala. Though this year I intend on trying the small Yo Zuri Pins Minnow on a clearing river in Summer. It should be lethal under the overhanging trees.

As for the 'ferox' Mark, I hope to report something later this year. Maybe April or September could be the months for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts