The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL ,IM LOOKING TO TRY WRASS FISHING WITH SP,S AROUND CORK HARBOUR OR FURTHER WEST OR EAST ,NOT SURE WHERE TO TRY.ANY HINT WOULD BE SWELL.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Andrew

I'm not an expert by any means but I tend to look for rocky areas with some water movement, plenty of holes, ledges and channels, and some weed and preferably mussels, limpets etc that the wrasse would be eating
if you can see small shrimp and baitfish as well its usually a good sign
have a look at the background of the fish in my recent catch report (and this pic) to see what i'm talking about

6.jpg

the best thing may be to start with breakwaters, rocky foreshores etc and just go for it

good luck!

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wrasse

Frank is right, just below the lighthouse would be a good bet. Have had belters there on bait. Haven't tried SP's but I've also had them on redgills here over the years. Flat rock east of Roches would be good aswell, as would be the deep water marks between Ballylanders and Churchtown South. You'll have to wait until the weather settles a bit down, these marks are pretty dangerous at the moment. The fishing will drop off shortly but you should pick them up until Xmas.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frank is right, just below the lighthouse would be a good bet. Have had belters there on bait. Haven't tried SP's but I've also had them on redgills here over the years. Flat rock east of Roches would be good aswell, as would be the deep water marks between Ballylanders and Churchtown South. You'll have to wait until the weather settles a bit down, these marks are pretty dangerous at the moment. The fishing will drop off shortly but you should pick them up until Xmas.
thanks pat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts