The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Purbeck/ Swanage area sat urday morning and no joy at all. Have also had a chuck at Lepe over the last week or so and again, no joy. Also Redbridge last weekend where I met Pete S both had no joy (when I left at least).

Pete S - saw your van at Redbridge today - any joy...? Was with the wife so didn't stop...

Rich

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had no joy lately around hampshire, i haven't been out this week, just gone, but the water temp is dropping quick and the week before i had three blanks in a row.

Saying that, did see some fish jumping out of range not sure if they were bass feeding or mullet cleaning on their way out. That was off haslar sea wall if it helps (Gosport)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reasonably clear at lepe last sunday - 1 wk ago.
clear at swanage yesterday/ murky at kimmeridge...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I fished Purbeck/ Swanage area sat urday morning and no joy at all. Have also had a chuck at Lepe over the last week or so and again, no joy. Also Redbridge last weekend where I met Pete S both had no joy (when I left at least).

Pete S - saw your van at Redbridge today - any joy...? Was with the wife so didn't stop...

Rich
No joy Rich and managed to lose my brand new z-claw due to user error :sad:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats a bu&*er.... you'll have to get a boat....

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have been buying a few new bits of gear recently and was hoping to have a short "local" session before the Cornwall bumble to try it out!

Anyone out in Hamphire over the next two weekends ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
thats a bu&*er.... you'll have to get a boat....
Stuff happens, it was my fault, I failed to notice the line was wrapped around the rod tip when I tried casting, pretty sure it won't be the last time.
You have to look at the bright side, Mr Fish is smiling :-D
Maybe I need to buy in Bulk on direct debit from him. ;-)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ivan

i'm shooting from saturday, most sats now through winter... it'll take my mind off not catching fish. unfortunately i'm also already committed sunday day as well. let me know how you get on.... i might squeeze a couple of very short after work sessions over the next couple of weeks.

otherwise i'd love to catch up and you can how me how to deliver the goods locally...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Rich - shooting's probably a very good idea.

Weather looks poor for this weekend so I think its trout for me.

Might just save all the luck for the Cornwall bumble eh?!?!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
popped to lepe after work tonight - nearly every time I go to lepe the winds blowing like a mad'un... could hardly stand up down there tonight and even a tide minnow sld wouldn't get out..... wind was blowing onshore west to east v strong....

might make a trip to dorset sometime but unless the weather is perfect looks like thats me for this yr down here.....

·
Banned
891 Posts
I think Sussex is done too, I went down to my clear water "banker" mark this morning and it wasn't very attractive...

·
Registered
62 Posts
If it helps you guys out, i was out today and had 3 pops at the surface lure. No fish but good hits rather than just swirls. Lovely and calm today. I was going to call it quits after this session but not going to just yet as i know the fish are still there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm going to give surface plugs one more go at Redbridge tomorow, I think it might be time to put them away and start using sp.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any updates on this thread? not been out as weathers been p*&s poor/ been dark after work/ been away/ been shooting etc...

is it worth a trip to the coast?

r

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Let us know how you get on Ivan if you go.

I am going down to the Cornish bumble on the Friday as I would never get down in time Saturday morning so I thought I might stop off in Hampshire en route.

If hampshire is quiet, the alternative is to get down to Cornwall asap and find somewhere to lose a lure or two Friday night.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Andrew - I'm booked in from Friday too - so a Friday session sounds like a good idea.

If I venture out this weekend I will post results!!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
That sounds like a plan!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts