The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I realy like the look of that rig Keith, i was told before that you must not strike with the circle hooks.
Is this method more for night fishing?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the look of that rig Keith, i was told before that you must not strike with the circle hooks.
Is this method more for night fishing?
Of course, most of my Bass fishing is at night. This rig is aimed at Bass btw.
I see no reason whatsoever why it won't work at any hour.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Of course, most of my Bass fishing is at night. This rig is aimed at Bass btw.
I see no reason whatsoever why it won't work at any hour.
I was thinking if it would be effective on my local estuary, it has a very strong channel, but was not sure if it was the right method for daylight fishing!
Will be buying somemore sps tonight, wife wont be happy!:evil:

·
Registered
498 Posts
thanks keith just got some bubblin shads and was wondering best way to use them, theres no end to this stuff, food for thought, thanks m8

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
That's another useful tip Keith. Thanks again. I've looking at my circle hooks lately thinking I haven't used them for a good while. They really are the biz for corner-of-the-mouth hooking.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Coincidentally, we had some of the same brown/orange flake senkos delivered last week and they look amazing in the water. We just know they are going to kill for bass and pollack in our areas. Not sure I will try the stoopid rig yet, but weedless and wacky they work for us. Thanks for the info, Keith. How do you get the flash shots into the water at night without them being "whited out" from the flash bouncing off the water?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you get the flash shots into the water at night without them being "whited out" from the flash bouncing off the water?
Make sure the subject is in the outer peripheral of the whole shot and the crop out the 'white out'.

It doesn't work everytime but I keep trying anyway.
Hopefully the resulting images (though not great photo's) help with the articles.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cropping the White out doesn't work. I've seen hundreds of photos of fish this winter with Kevin still clearly visible. :muttley:
classic as always Gary.

Get ready for Ika season m8.

6 - 8 weeks to go before it really starts to fire.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi i was wondering if you could tell me are those hooks from AGM the wacky weedless ones?? I got a few senko worms and want to try out this method, also where can i get the springs?? Sorry for all the novice Q :(

·
Registered
498 Posts
hi kev, i got some of the finacky ones from agm (1grm weighted) they are alot bigger than the decoys from **** and the weed guard doesn't clip the hook it just brushes the sides, the decoy ones from ***** look the bo.....x, going to give both a try tonight, will post findings later on, hope that helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts