The Lure Forums banner

As we hurtle towards December

1K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Steve Lewis 
fishfordinner said:
mad one said:
I will be heading somewhere local on Tuesday (slight lull in the weather) just to see if i can christen the new rod before i dust off my conger and cod gear,

me and a couple of buddies usually fish a local island on Boxing day and the 2nd of Jan, so, hopefully the weather will be calm, cold and crisp for those days... :D

whats the cod fishing been like in your part of wales the last few winters? Been terrible up here in north wales with almost nothing showing. The last 6 weeks has seen loads of small ones all around n. wales so bodes well for next few winters when they have grown bigger.
Cod fishing last winter on the south wales coast was poor, massive shoals of sprats keeping the fish offshore, myself and Simon (lewisman) fished on a boat out of Cardiff in January, our boat was the only one of 6 fishing that day that caught cod, Simon's fish when landed had a spratt in its mouth along with a hook full of lug. Early signs are of a better season with codling being caught for the last 4 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.