The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have blanked an awful lot recently At last things are now happening After a nice kip having finishing a night shift i woke to be greeted by perfect conditions I knew i would get an hour of fishing before the tide came up to far but decided it was worth it On the 5th cast a fish Small i know but wow i felt every shake tug and twist from this one My first on braid Got hit twice more but missed them I reckon it could of been a lot better but for the amount of weed in the water Lure is the Tide Minnow Word of warning the other photo shows a little critter that i met on an isolated part of the cliff Almost stood on this one Please keep your eyes open

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Cripes !! He was a greedy little blighter going for that DTM !!!

Nice work Marq !! :clap:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Waheeeeey!! Nice one mate!!

How was the braid overall? No going back??

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ben Bought the Power Pro No going back now Had no problems with it Must learn to tie different leaders Any suggestions on the best knot to use I am using flurocarbon as my leader

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Great! I just use an albright. After tying it a few times you quickly get the hang of it. To start with though I'd recommend leaving a little bit of a tag on the braid and fluoro though. Until you're consistently tying them fully tight so that none of the braid turns can slip, its safer.

Reactions: Marq

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Hi Marq,

Well done on the fish, that snake could have spoilt the day though !

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well done mate, i remember my first fish on braid, it was a Mackeral and i felt every twist and turn he made. Oh and very eagled eyed of you to spot the Adder, you would'nt want him hanging off any part of you.:muttley:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well in that man! Who cares if it is not the biggest. He wanted that lure though - never ceases to amaze me how ambitious bass can be with lures. Congratulations!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Marq, after the odd failure from the Albright knot i now tend to tie a double uni-knot , just remember to double the braid to the floro, as a single strand of braid tends to cut through the floro or mono which ever is used ... hope this helps.
Well done on your first bass of the year .
sorry novice question here. how do you tie one of this double uniknot for braid to fluro ?

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Very nice fish Marc ... congrats!

I had the odd problem with the normal albright when joining fluoro rather than mono. I have been using the improved albright for a couple of years, both for lure fishing and wrecking to attach my leader, and never had a failure yet! Ok that is asking for trouble I know!

http://www.leadertec.com/tipsandtechniques/fishing_knots/knots_imp_albrt.html

Reactions: Mo Zakaria and Marq
1 - 17 of 17 Posts