The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally managed to open my season, I went on a climbing trip to Dorset over the bank holiday. No way the rods were staying at home-inspite of some grumbling from the better half.
Managed a dawn session with Mike (Admin) but sadly neither of us connected. Then tried an evening session, but all I saw was SQUID trying to grab my plug (I never seem to have a squid jig with me, when I need one!!)
But Sunday evening Mike suggested a mark, and I was more than happy to follow his greater knowledge. Visited a location that had produced bass for me last year, and within half an hour of starting to fish. I found a slightly deeper section of beach between two shallow ledges. First cast, a couple of turns of the handle and Fish on!!!
A couple tricky moments, getting the bass through some boulders and over some reef. Used a wave to wash the bass onto the beach. First of the season was mine.

About two to two and half pounds, no monster but VERY welcome. The water still seems to be very cold for the time of the year, but finally it seems 2010 is under way.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just want to add my thanks to Mike, great company, great advice. A true pleasure to fish with.
Will be back down your way soon.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Dave,

Cracking fish to start the season, my luck is so bad at the moment, if I was given a bag of fannies I would pull out the wife's !

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Dave, great to see you off the mark, and well done to Mike for helping you find a fish! My luck is out too, Steve. I fell in a bucket of t*ts and came out sucking my thumb today! That's another way of saying I blanked today while my mate had a nice 3lb bass and George had a pollack.
Well done once again!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First one of the season is ALWAYS the hardest, lucky (and very happy) to take Mike's advice.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Nice one Dave :clap::clap:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys.
Fantastic area to fish, beautiful bit of coastline.
Oh and Feed Shallow Mullet still seems the lure 9 out 10 bass would choose!!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nice one fella! Well done!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well done, i have been out all weekend and caught bugger all, and to make matters worse i lost 2 lures too.(one feed shallow and a megabass 110).

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Dave!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well done Dave. You did well to try elsewhere. Tried a couple of times locally over the weekend and no signs of fish at all. I might have to visit Dorset this week.....

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely to get off the mark Dave !! Nice one !!

p.s. unlucky on losing those lure Dom :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts