The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Report to follow tomorrow but...

He finally did it...

Hard work, mark bombed out by float fishers but...as you can see, he caught a fish.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yesssssssssssssss! Classic japan covershot pose!! :-D

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I absolutely loved it tonight, seriously, guys you must try this stuff. Yes it was hard as Keith says there were a couple of guys there already with floats and a bottom rod out, but I actually just wanted to feel what a 1 and 2 gram lure felt like on a rod and line. Tackle is the word, you need the right tackle, I tried LRF with an Injection.....no no no, I might as well have been trying it with a broom handle. It would have been fine with stuff of 5g or 7g upwards, but useless with anything under 5g. You know its not only the casting weight of the rod either, it need a certain action, you must feel everything. And then there is the line......guys do yourselfs a favour, dont try this this stuff unless you want a whole world of expenses and knowledge being opened up to you. I love it, and am going to get into this when I am not fishing for bass. There is no lure angler on this planet that wouldnt find something about this LRF fasinating, honest its great, I actually had a scrap with a 6oz pollack, and loved every single bit of it!! Sounds stupid, is stupid and I want more. Great Jap cover shot indeed Ben, that was the effect intended.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Excellent ****. All you need is a bit of eye make up and a bowler hat for the full effect!!!!
Small fish are great fun if caught on the right gear. Glad you enjoyed it. I suppose a Tenryu LRF rod will be on its way soon? Another learning curve to leap on to!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
That's you caught fair and square then. Can you imagine the crack when the snipe and mackerel arrive ****? And we haven't even caught a giant goby yet.......

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
That's you caught fair and square then. Can you imagine the crack when the snipe and mackerel arrive ****? And we haven't even caught a giant goby yet.......
I bought some LRf topwaters specifically for them. It will be mayhem when that kicks off!!!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice one ****-i-san,
Not often a whole new branch of lure fishing opens up is it. Get to see more and more people being successful with it.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mike,
CHINUPENS Can't wait, just the thought of Mackerel, and Gars on those lures!! It is going to be great.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think this was a useful eye opener for ****.
He saw and felt the vast difference between rods, braid, fc line and heads down to 1g.

Now he is researching buying stuff in, I'm sure that the knowledge he is picking up will help him make the right choices.

The guys are coming again on the weekend and I'll bet he doesn't bring his Injection for Grasdo's this time...

·
Registered
779 Posts
go on mail it to one of your LRF mags for a laugh ;)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
OK, I'm going to try for one tonight now if she lets me out... I know where the are, tons of the little sods keep stealing my bread for mullet at night. They fight a bit on a light mullet rod as well. Sort of...

****. You're Hooked!! It's so much fun eh!!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I still havent seen a Snipe this year Andy. Weird how they are up there in Guernsey but not (that we've see yet) in Jersey.

We were talking the other night about how Lizzie's Castle seems so well suited to hosting 50 odd anglers, as there is so much ground of all sorts, all on an island you cannot escape from until low water!

Construction for Elizabeth Castle began in 1594, under Sir Walter Raleigh (inventor of the bicycle, including the Raleigh Activator). It was initially designed to host inter-island MRF/HRF comps I believe, then was used for wars after that.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Construction for Elizabeth Castle began in 1594, under Sir Walter Raleigh (inventor of the bicycle, including the Raleigh Activator). It was initially designed to host inter-island MRF/HRF comps I believe, then was used for wars after that.
LOL...
Brilliant !

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I meant the Giant Goby mark... Set the easy targets frst and hard ones like mackerel later :p

We do have beaks here at the moment but i've not tried for them. The bait guys are taking a few and I have seen shoals under the lights at night.

Anyway. Off for that Goby before I settle down and can't be arsed to get off my bum.

·
Registered
357 Posts
S**t ****, I have not seen you smile like that before?

Good fun A --- now you know that those blokes demanding ultra light braid -- "silly" lure rods & reels + micro SPs are all about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts