The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arriving at my boat to find that the engine would not crank over was not a good start so we swopped to Derek's boat and launched from Millards corner just after low. The tide being extremely small and very little movement.

First two fish were wrasse weighing about 2lbs each caught on homemade lures again. A pink coloured one and a white one.

I then had a bass of around 2.5lbs excuse the photograph as it was awkward to take

A further 5 bass were caught today on homemade lures but nothing bigger than 3 lbs. Hopefully my boat will be fixed by next Friday to get out on the more decent tides

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Not too bad a day Alan......Hope you get the boat sorted and it's not too serious mate.....

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Not yet Alan. Since being back have been very tired still recovering from the bad attack of Labyrinthitis I had on board the platform. Have been down to our new premises and did a bit of work with Scott yesterday and also very interestingly spotted an injection moulding company in a unit nearby...I might just have a wonder over one after noon and see if they have any suppliers I might be able to use...you never know. Have just put the order in so waiting for the first consignment..Already have 2 X-Layer moulds 4" and 6" and the moulding rubber so I can start and make copies. Also and more importantly the wife has just started me on re-decorating the lounge...new fireplace, built in fuel burner, carpet, wall paper the whole lot so when am fit this will be the first job.....Will have to fit some fishing in some how....:-D:-D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trev you have got it all wrong my wife does all the decorating let me know about any local suppliers if you have any luck

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I know that Alan.....I'm very jealous of you mate...mine has me trained unfortunately........:wink::wink:

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Always pants to get equipment failure :(. Still . . at least you managed a few Shirleys' :D.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No Alan,paddled all hell for leather,my mate was waiting for me at the car.

Do you use a slow retrieve on those numbers???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very slow hardly moving with the occasional up lift of the rod the tail does most of the work by itself

1 - 16 of 16 Posts