The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm after a thermos flask, mainly for keeping sandeels frozen, and would appreciate any recommends or avoids. I've seen several types in the domestic stores (aka Argos!) but don't mind paying more for better if such options exist?

Cheers all. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fair point - and I promise this isn't a regular thing - but am i the only one?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got a few large thermos wide mouth soup flasks in tescos lately......Cheap and work a treat for eels and crab etc. I always pre-chill the flask for about a hour in the freezer before I head off fishing. Also mustad and imax make good quality cool bags.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers zziplex - info appreciated. I have seen the mustad bag, but seem to recall reading somewhere that flasks are a better option for eels? I'll try one of Tesco's finest, and see how it goes etc.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Folks,

I'm after a thermos flask, mainly for keeping sandeels frozen, and would appreciate any recommends or avoids. I've seen several types in the domestic stores (aka Argos!) but don't mind paying more for better if such options exist?

Cheers all. :mrgreen:
I seen the error of my ways with my thread and the dirty word a month or 2 ago : Repent and Plastic is the only way!

(only coz I just caught my PB on a lump of plastic)

If not a wide mouth flask, pre chilledis best you can do!

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zzip - cheers once again, my friend!

Krashtest - ta as well and, for what it's worth, my pb was on a (dare I say the name...) MARIA plug!

Ritchie - yep, point taken!

Rest of forum - I'm now gonna play the junior member card and gracefully accept I've sinned, and faithfully promise the wide mouth thermo will only be for the food I eat whilst fishing on plastics - needs to be thermo for soup in winter, of course. Seriously, any goodwill sarcasm received gladly, as I'm sure I'll return it sometime ... ha ha!

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Zzip - cheers once again, my friend!

Krashtest - ta as well and, for what it's worth, my pb was on a (dare I say the name...) MARIA plug!

Ritchie - yep, point taken!

Rest of forum - I'm now gonna play the junior member card and gracefully accept I've sinned, and faithfully promise the wide mouth thermo will only be for the food I eat whilst fishing on plastics - needs to be thermo for soup in winter, of course. Seriously, any goodwill sarcasm received gladly, as I'm sure I'll return it sometime ... ha ha!
Good reply Tony dont let em get at you they have all had smelly fingers ( bait ) Ha Ha ESPECIALLY Ritchie. :rofl:
At some time in the past ...

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
That's better Tony, less of the B word please! :-x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Seems the B word must be used with caution on here:-D, just joined you see. Never even thought of using a flask for keeping bait frozen, good idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts