The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped out in the wind this evening. Cor la it's cold eh!!

Hard work too windy for the near weightless and had to go to 10g to keep good contact hrf with the lure. Finally a few knocks and next cast bass on. Just a small one about 2lb or so on a 4 inch one-up shad. Next cast a small pollack and then it seemed to go quiet so I left before frostbite took hold...

Pic on my camera so will post sometime.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2211Bass.JPG

Here he is, blurred the rocks out i'm afraid...

Still a good little scrap but I do hate it when they come up to and thrash about rather than running for it. Why can't they fight like wrasse!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll have to come over some time. Not sure when the bass will stop but the wrasse wont and winter is exploring the cliffs time for me looking for ways down while the undergrowth is at a minimum. I reckon the people who find the most remote unfished marks will find the biggest wrasse!!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done on getting out there Andy :p

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I reckon the people who find the most remote unfished marks will find the biggest wrasse!!
This is my thinking also. There is miles of untouched 'close range' stuff around Jersey shores.
The big one could be just 1 boulder over to the left...or right...

Don't do it, and you'll never know.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
hooked into a 4lb + wrasse on the weekend on a handline with a shad attached! Dropped between man made boulders, into a couple of foot of water. I was going for little wrasse for a laugh and this big fu**er came out from under a rock and I bricked it. Hooked up and bust off! Mental!! But I know exactly where he is. So I will be going back every w/e with food and feeding him up until the new wrasse comp starts and then...... boom!! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts