The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you are aware we here in Ireland are under a ban on fishing for bass from mid May until mid June.
If the U.K. were to introduce a similar ban, to include the Channel Islands how many of you would adhere,and how many would be surface popping for flounder if the enforcement man were to catch you?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would be happy to, its for a good reason.

One thing I am really interested in, is there evidence that its working? Not trying to get political but interested if it works and what the thinking is behind it. I would assume that its so egg laden females don't get killed or distressed.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
They could do what they like in the UK pete, the UK dont govern us in jersey .... We got our own prats that wreck things in government here .. but yes if a bass ban was bought in plenty
Other fish in the sea here , Just look at all the stuff our guys have been doing , so no need to target them during a rest period .... :clap:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Pete,
I don't think it's just a case of not fishing for them it's more a case of putting them back live. Many many more fish will be caught on bait than lures over here. For instance last night a group of us went Smoothie fishing and only managed to catch 2 Bass 5 1/4 lb and 3 lb.
The answer is of course yes I would stop plugging but it is more important to get the bait fishermen putting the fish that they catch back alive..in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the only problem i find most bass i have caught in May have already spawned,.I wonder is it conditions more than time of year that brings bass to spawn?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts