The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to take a reasonable close-up of this Bass last year. I caught it in early October on a Feed Shallow in Sardine. Luke & I were out bumbling, and he caught the biggest fish of the session. This fish was caught late in the ebbing tide in shallow water just at the edge of a reef, and just next to a kelp bed (i suspect she'd been hiding in the kelp, and popped out to ambush my lure).

Anyway, i think that the pic came out reasonably well, and wanted to share it . . . . . . . . .

I'd be interested to see other people's pics of Bass at close range . . . . . . . . .

·
Registered
324 Posts
spitfire that's a fantastic photo i can almost smell her, ooh creepy!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice pics so far Lads, keep em coming :jump::clap:

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
One I did of Mad uns fish last year...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Lovely, Tom. That rear treble is close to your hand though! (I had a treble through my hand last year and it's inconvenient to say the least when you, the fish and the lure are all connected!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Lovely, Tom. That rear treble is close to your hand though! (I had a treble through my hand last year and it's inconvenient to say the least when you, the fish and the lure are all connected!
Thats Joe Sepis hand but I did hook myself a few times last year (only once with a bass attached though lol)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Trust me, a headshaking bass with lure and hand connected is a challenge. We had to unclip the lure, unhook and release the fish, then cut the offending hook off the treble to release me (thank heavens George had his multi-tool!). Didn't stop me or the lure and we had some more that session (second mark I took you last year).

1 - 20 of 275 Posts