The Lure Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry guys I'm away fishing for the week, could do a reccie next Sunday morning though, following week working away in the U.S.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Registered
3,863 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
ok thats it sorted then, if anyone needs a pick-up I dont mind being the shandy drinker, pm me your mob no and address

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I am based in Bristol and started bass fishing with lures in May. I mainly fish in North Devon as I have family there but no longer want to limit my fishing to when i am visiting them. My question is therefore, where is the closest water that is worth fishing for bass to Bristol?
Any suggestions at all would be great
Rob
Hi , not to sure if this post still gets read but I've recently been trying out lure fishing between the bridges , only due to seeing alot of bass in close chashing mullet and small fry , tho I've yet to hook into one I've had a few follows but unfortunately ran out of water before they turned back round , I do think it's possible tho , but on calm day's which a good break in the rain , so the water clears up a tiny bit 😀, they're definitely there and it's just a matter of time 🤔.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello,
I am based in Bristol and started bass fishing with lures in May. I mainly fish in North Devon as I have family there but no longer want to limit my fishing to when i am visiting them. My question is therefore, where is the closest water that is worth fishing for bass to Bristol?
Rob
A couple of hours to South Devon from Bristol. Plymouth, South Hams, Torbay areas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Rob
I would try portishead marina, they don't want people fishing the marina with heavy gear because of the expensive boats , but light lrf or light spinning is ok , to find out more ,enquire at reelfun tackle shop in portishead, but again best chances are after a long spell of clear weather , and a few unusual catches have been caught there including pollock and wrasse, you may find more info online, hope this helps and tight lines .

41 - 52 of 52 Posts