The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An early start for me a 30 minute drive and i arrived at a lovely South Cornwall location I had intended to fish to the left of the beach but the tide was still too high I opted to keep my feet dry and started to fish in the middle of the cove Several casts no fish I started to walk to the right of me when i noticed a man with a fishing rod in his hand arms outstretched I was intrigued so walked towards him and then 3 more heads popped up from behind different rocks

Nathan Taylor his dad Robert and 2 other guys I was impressed they asked how i was and whether my better half was still catching more than me Nice of them to remember and to remind me He He

I asked whether they had any luck Nathan pointed to a pool and sat in there was a Bass just shy of 6lb Several photos later fish returned

Nathan then turned to me and invited me to join them Didnt take me long to make up my mind as to whether to or not Away we went towards an "unfishable" area at least in my mind anyway Nathans approach is entirely different to mine I dont like to lose expensive lures Nathan casts them happily into areas where you should not get them back but that is where the fish are He proved it time and time again Fish after fish fell prey to his lure

I still had not caught anything Nathan started to sing something about a Bad Boy He clipped on another lure cast out Bang Big fish hooked He was singing again I moved a little closer to get a look at the fish Unfortunately it threw the hook I asked what lure he was using A Bad Boy was the answer

Nathan continued to catch i lost count of how many I sat back and studied him fishing What does he look for How does he use the rod to impart movement in the lure How does he cast a 39grm sinking lure into a no go area without losing it So many questions I used my eyes and got the answers i wanted I asked him the rest and he was very keen to share his knowledge

A Bass guide is an invaluable aid to anybodys fishing experience 4 hours with Nathan taught me an awful lot Should you be thinking of coming to Cornwall contact him at Bassmasters He even sells lures The next day i returned to the same spot singing as i clipped on my shiny new lure he he To find out how i got on See South West catch reports "Move" Although the conditions had dramatically changed the next day Flat calm Gin clear I enjoyed it Cheers Nathan & Robert

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Marq, amazing what you can learn watching others. The same happened for me last year at Weymouth and my catch rates went up dramatically. It's easy to get stuck in a rut doing the same things in the same places with the same lures but it takes something like this to make you change your habits. Well done, nice report.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Cracking report Marq,,, shall now pop over to read your other thread on the South West section to see how you got on...:D

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well Marq, what can I say but thanks for the very kind comments and you are more than welcome to join me anytime! I think that is what we all need to do and help each other progress.
Where I have helped you in your approach, that is how I feel when I fish with the Jersey crew, Bob Jameson, **** Ward, Steve Mullins and Keith & Kev white, these guys teach me loads, just by listening to them.! and trust me I have a lot to learn still! As we all have,

Thanks again Marq! :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I asked whether they had any luck Nathan pointed to a pool and sat in there was a Bass just shy of 6lb Several photos later fish returned
Are those Cornish fish so easy to catch that they wait in rockpools ?
Even we don't get that...

ROTFLMAO whilst trying to actually stay awake...

Well done Nath.

Oh...Nath...

Where I have helped you in your approach, that is how I feel when I fish with the Jersey crew, Bob Jameson, **** Ward, Steve Mullins and Keith & Kev white, these guys teach me loads, just by listening to them.! and trust me I have a lot to learn still!
The guys will really appreciate that sentiment as do I. Thanks bud.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I will be coming out to fish with the jersey crew very soon, need to fish with soft plastics more, maybe you can break me of my habit mate :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts