The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i was out early checking a potential wrasse mark though no takes and lost a load of x layers and jig head weedless hook you name it.
So swapped to hard plastics, and 3rd cast in a get a superb take 5 minutes later of steering it away from from weed, rocks and battling the surf managed to land this bar of silver..

Measured the fish at 49cm not huge but a cracking session could have fished on though was chuffed to have found the fish again after all this cold down here.
Fish was taken on a shallow diving smith saruna lure on the rear treble right in the scissors..

Am i a happy chappy?:wackit2:

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well done Mike :clap:, although i am slightly disturbed at just how much fishing you are getting done, while im sat here in the frozen wastelands in work :rollineyes:.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mike,
Well done mate. Your putting the hours in, and now getting your rewards.
So was it a Saruna or a Halco lure??

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers fella's i have to cut back this fishing this week i have work that i realy should get done lol. Dave it was a saruna mate my new go to lure of present.
What can i say the missus is in canada, the kids live with there mother, and waiting for paperwork and crap on the work front so i go fishing to kill the bordom, well that my reasoning

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice fish there Mike - You need to stop going fishing now, I don't like it ;):D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers fella's planning on another session later in the week as have things i should be doing instead of fishing just never works out that way. i did however spot a new spot to fish and i swear blind it hold fish!!!! though just how to get there spend the evening studying google earth i guess on exteme close up to find a way in..

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah ritchie mate i went for the wrasse though just couldnt get down to them need heavier jig heads. Though still a superb account of itself in this cold weather realy warmed me up....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most certainly mate, i have found a deep gulley that i know holds fish htough i just cant get down to the bottom with them in swell i lost the last of my 10 gram heads. so i have ordered more tried 3gram heads but just didnt cut it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts