The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Callum and I ventured forth this afternoon to try to find a wrasse on different ground to usual. It was snowing pretty hard at one point and I think we were both wondering if we had lost the plot.

Anyhow, we went to a little area I have only ever shore fished once or twice before and found a nice little ebbing gulley with a weir and surprise surprise, one of these little fellas just downstream of the weir in about 4ft of water. Mad.

Check out the shape of its back! We christened the mark "Notre Dame" :-D.

It took an Ayu Xlayer on a hitchhiker to a 7g round jighead. Ring any bells? :wink:

A few more chucks just to get a feel for the spot and we decided that discretion was the better part of valour and headed home.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Nice bonus bass there Paul, and well deserved for venturing out in that weather.

I imagine the gloves were essential!!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Keith.

If you are heading out this way tomorow morning watch out for the hills, especially Jubilee. They were very slippery this pm.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bonus bass there Paul, and well deserved for venturing out in that weather.

I imagine the gloves were essential!!
I borrowed them off Callum, they are Snowbees I think. Very good, must get some.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
it was a gift from my daughter so i have to wear it. It was flipping cold Paul ,thats why i had two hats on if you look close..

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was a gift from my daughter so i have to wear it. It was flipping cold Paul ,thats why i had two hats on if you look close..
I was being serious Steve! Love the hat, just what we need in this weather! I am going to show it to my daughter with a subtle hint.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well done on getting a bass and braving the weather

did u get any wrasse?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Top Marks to both Paul and Steve,
Not only for going out in it today, but catching as well-Hardcore fishermen!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
"Hats off" to you both (do you see what I did there?) for getting out and catching. Roads were too icy for us to risk heading out today. Shame as I reckon the water conditions would have been great. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts