The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of Irish Bass taken on the fly the other day.

Marty

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Just beautiful Marty. What set up is that? I am sure a lot of us would like to have a try at SWFF and it would be nice to get an idea of outfits, fly lines etc.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Paul - same reel and line, 2 diff rods

Rod in Top Pic: Beluah 8/9 Blue water series
Rod in bottom pic: Scierra BW2 Palometa 8/9
Reel: Vision GT4 7/9
Line : Rio Striped Bass intermediate #9
Leader: Homemade Tapered - 5ft 33lb rio IGFA hard to 3ft of Rio IGFA 22lb hard to approx 2ft of 12lb flouro tippet

Both fish where caught on olive and white clousers size 1/0, approx 4" long tied by myself.

Hope it helps, Marty

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice pics and nice catch Marty. I should learn tons of things in order to catch similar fish...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Very impressive, Marty and thanks for the info on the set-up. What sort of ground were you fishing?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
crikey.... thats early!! well done!
oop's... just saw the date... sorry..
Hi Marty

Good going there ! Im gagging to go fishing. It feels like an eternity, seeing a picture like thats got me fired up for 2011

Why do you have 2 different rods on the go ?

I will have Irish soil on my boots very soon . I had this one on your turf in March2008.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ya... got me goin upstairs lookin at my flies and all....how sad is that?
lovely fish by the way!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well done Marty, cracking fish. Def going to be more swff anglers in the next 5 years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
saltwater fly line

hi marty nice fish there i'm wondering if you could recommend a saltwater fly line for bass .i used a mill end line last year and had some succcess with it so now i want to get a proper line for this season any help would be appreciated!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts