The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well alan called me at 04.30 yesterday morning and we met john at 5am.the weather looked right for a mark we wanted to fish in the boat for a long time.so double checked everything and we were on the water for 05.30 we estimated it would take us an hour to get to our mark at 15-20knots.we arrived 50 minutes it took us a nice spin all along the copper coast with the sun rising behind our backs lovely stuff.we have talked about doing this for a long time.so we got straight into fishing and in a few minutes john had the first fish a nice bass of 4lbs and he had the second fish as well.then i hit the third fish again around 4lb nice fish alan was on the fly and he hit a mackeral.it was time to move to another spot as we had missed the best of the tide.so we tried for a few pollack when we were waiting for the tide to turn.the pollack were on form taking hard lures and the fly the biggest was 5lbs but i got broke off by a good fish and it took my new zonk gataride into the deep.then it was time to go back to the spot for some bass we were fishing the incoming tide and it was a frenzy.as soon as we casted fish on with lots of bass following to the boat trying to bang the bass off the lures i love seeing this its some buzz.alan had a fish on and it it dropped the lure just as it was beside the boat and another bass took it magic stuff.alan went on the fly then and had a couple on the fly and they went mental on the fly rod.we had a couple of drifts and that was it time to go home. but the nice trip we had this morning was a different story heading home the wind had gone south westerly and was blowing nicely but we got back in one piece a great day had by all.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Superb day out - Ireland's the place to be....

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff again Pat, loved the report and pics :-D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alex, the flies I used were Andy Elliot's Flatwings. I got maybe 20-25 follows , hooked into a few and lost them before I actually managed to get some into the rib. just goes to show how deadly flies can be.
. Had a chat with Andy and Jim H from Wexford about , why I was getting so many follows and only managed a couple on the fly and they have given me a tip or two. Great to have the experts only a phone call away.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Awesome fishing....cool rib too :) good report and photos ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts