The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the plan was to meet up with james and alan this morning to fish for a few hours.rain at 6am and the spirits were low but at 8 am it had cleared and the sun even came out.we waited for the tide to drop and eventually we got fishing on my second cast i was into a bass happy days.alan was on the fly and he had a bass next followed by james on the lure.after a while the whole place went mad with mackeral breaking the water chasing baitfish and we all had mackeral on the fly zonks and i even had em on the patchinko it was great to see it.james had a few pollack on the fly later and then it was time to head home.so a good day out and the sun shined all day i even got sunburnt and when we were heading back to town it started to rain and when i got home i was told it was raining on and off all day so we were lucky with the weather.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice one Pat. You are getting a lot of fishing in! I like the conditions when the sun breaks through after some murky weather.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
That's a nice mark Pat. I like the look of the white water. A powerful sea there too!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice fishing and pictures. The zonk is not the yoro version right? And its connected with the main braided line?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice fishing and pictures. The zonk is not the yoro version right? And its connected with the main braided line?
emre its a normal zonk its the zonk gataride that comes in yoro yoro and hi pitch as far as i know.yes i fish braid straight through most of the time.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where I fish mostly (Nth Wexford) it's slow to clear and there's not much of a tide difference between high and low water, so it's a waiting game. Unless I travel south, which I did late last year, my mate Ken lost a massive fish down your way. we've also Saleens to look forward to late Sept, all going well. Cheers Pat

·
Registered
38 Posts
emre its a normal zonk its the zonk gataride that comes in yoro yoro and hi pitch as far as i know.yes i fish braid straight through most of the time.
Thanks for your answer Pat. Regarding the lure I dont have it yet but I just learned from internet (http://lurefishingforbass.co.uk/fishing-tackle/megabass-zonk-120-gataride/ ) that there are normal zonk and the gataride versions of this lure. The difference is that they have different shape of lips. Gataride has a rounded lip whereas zonk has an angular lip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts