The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to my local spot i could see that conditions were perfect A few casts into my favourite gulley no fish so a short hop over a few rocks and started to cast again Right hand side of the gulley then the middle and then the left hand side Very slow retrieve twitch Wallop Fish on Gave a heck of a scrap Finally landed it Measured at 62cm 5.5lb A real fat pristine Bass Reached in my bag for my phone to take a picture and the fish flipped and went straight back in the water Damn no photo Carried on with the fishing and 5 minutes later caught this little chap on a
Jackson Athlete 120ss
Well that was a happy hours worth of fishing and decided to move 20yds to my right A very nice looking gulley with plenty of water flowing around it Decided on a feed shallow as there was only around 2ft of water depth The gulley is around 4ft wide A flick to the mouth of the gulley 30ft out Slowly slowly twitch The rod bent over and didnt move for a couple of seconds Thought at first i had hooked up with the rock when the rod started to buck in my hand Fish on again This one didnt even resist Although the rod had a satisfying bend in it there was no fight I just reeled it in I looked down right under my feet and lying on the surface was a Bass maybe around 7.5lb I bent down to lift her from the water Wakey wakey she shook her head and used her powerful tail The lure shot past my head by inches and the fish powered of Ah well although gutted it was a great afternoon Upon inspection of my lure i discovered that two thirds of the treble had snapped

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well done Marq. Further convincing evidence that I was born on and stayed on the wrong side of the country :?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one mate. Immense fish!! Good to see you have a few.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Unlucky on the one that slipped back when you had your back turned mate, and for the one you had to your feet!! At least your hooking them though, thats encouraging for many. Thanks for letting us all know.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Great work Mark :clap: :clap:, it's great to get a photo for the album, but the really satisfying part is hooking them & playing them in :D.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts