The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In spite of poor conditions ,decided to fish 3 hours after high tide using the xorus frosty R146, a lure which has caught a few good fish for me this season. On arrival conditions were looking better with a 13mph wind, and sun breaking out of the cloud although the wind was a little cold, the water was still quite high as the tide was a 5.4 not usually productive but this particular mark is best after high tide and you can ambush fish as they swim out into a deeper channel, about an hour went by, and the Mullet were really showing in numbers, a good sign as on this mark Mullet equal bass.
Fished on and about 3hrs after high tide when bringing the Frosty towards me a good swirl!! thought it was one of the mullet disturbed, but then the fish chopped the lure hard about 15ft out then i knew BASS!! Slowed down the rate of retrieve and stopped the lure, at this point bass nailed the motionless frosty about 10ft out very spirited fight making the clutch go on the Van staal ,and i thought a fish of about 5lb but on seeing the fish in the shallow water it was smaller, After weighing in at 3lb 50z, i was well pleased as i didint expect to catch today.
Had many bass follow in September and October but only chopped at the lure, I find that stopping the lure with little twitches induces the later season fish to strike.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[/IMG]
In spite of poor conditions ,decided to fish 3 hours after high tide using the xorus frosty R146, a lure which has caught a few good fish for me this season. On arrival conditions were looking better with a 13mph wind, and sun breaking out of the cloud although the wind was a little cold, the water was still quite high as the tide was a 5.4 not usually productive but this particular mark is best after high tide and you can ambush fish as they swim out into a deeper channel, about an hour went by, and the Mullet were really showing in numbers, a good sign as on this mark Mullet equal bass.
Fished on and about 3hrs after high tide when bringing the Frosty towards me a good swirl!! thought it was one of the mullet disturbed, but then the fish chopped the lure hard about 15ft out then i knew BASS!! Slowed down the rate of retrieve and stopped the lure, at this point bass nailed the motionless frosty about 10ft out very spirited fight making the clutch go on the Van staal ,and i thought a fish of about 5lb but on seeing the fish in the shallow water it was smaller, After weighing in at 3lb 50z, i was well pleased as i didint expect to catch today.
Had many bass follow in September and October but only chopped at the lure, I find that stopping the lure with little twitches induces the later season fish to strike.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice one Michael........stopping or slowing does work some times doesn't it and when close in it certainly gets the heart pumping...........:-D:-D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/IMG]

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice one Michael!! Good to see the patchinko doing what it does best too :D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well done Michael, the Frosty did the biz for Luke on our recent Irish trip. Cracking little lure :D.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Great stuff Micheal!
The frosty has been great for me this year, it's outfished the patchinko!
What colour were you using?
I have one in yellow and one in ghost silver but want one in 500g or Cabot.
Cheers Nath

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The R146 colour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts