The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surfed last night at a local beach break. Great surf, but that's not what I'm writing about here. The amount of bass in the water was insane! Bass rolling on the surface, leaping in the air, sunning themselves with fins out of the water, they were everywhere, there must of been hundreds of them, I've never seen anything like it ! When duck diving (sinking your board to get through waves) and getting through waves that were just breaking, with the sun behind, I saw loads swimming in the waves themselves. Fantastic !! :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thats a refreshing change Mike, good to hear. There is an old adage about the feeding cycle of bass..........season starts on the beaches, then rock, to close out back on the beaches......hope it wasn't Caswell ;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Serves you right for surfing & not fishing lol !!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sounds like you need a kayak not a surf board, Mike! Thanks for sharing - encouraging news...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hope it wasn't Caswell ;)
Nope. But I'm not posting it on here to save them from an onslaught of bait fishermen ! I was thinking of taking my board down there, paddling out with my rod and a backpack full of lures and giving them a go. They were definately in a feeding mood, bait fish were also jumping and every now and then, bass could be seen chasing them across the surface. They were too far out to target without a kayak or other mode of transport ! Mike

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Any size to them Mike?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Get out there, Mike!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sounds fantastic Mike...great to watch I bet...surprising when you're in the water with them how little notice they take of you..as opposed to the easily spooked fish when rock or beach fishing..Must have been great!! Take your rod next time... have fished off a surf board before, not the best method but works fine....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds fantastic Mike...great to watch I bet...surprising when you're in the water with them how little notice they take of you..as opposed to the easily spooked fish when rock or beach fishing..Must have been great!! Take your rod next time... have fished off a surf board before, not the best method but works fine....
Lovely to see so many fish in the water and like you said, taking very little notice of me or the other surfers in the water. I would've been gutted, but the surf was world class! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts