bay ruf manic | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

bay ruf manic

Discussion in 'Lures' started by {name}, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Guest

Gareth, don't know why I bought it but I have a gold one ,guess I was on a collecting mission . I now have a use for it !!!
    Guess I have around twenty different ones but some I wouldn't dare take the sand paper too .

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sprat

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sea Trout 2015 Bass Challenge Winner 2016 Bass Challenge Winner

Hoping for something like this on next visit to Crete.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pollock Supporting Member

Caught in bright Mediterranean light as well! Distinctive mark David. Do you know where it is?

5. Sea Trout 2015 Bass Challenge Winner 2016 Bass Challenge Winner

Never been able to pin him down, but I think it's Thessalonica. Thinking about shallow, boulder marks near to me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sandeel

I see there is also a stubbier version , the Bay Ruf Manic Fish 88 . Has anybody tried it yet ?

7. Bass

Richard , I have tried it ,the one top right on my previous post photo but nothing caught on it.Will give it a go again next season for sure.

8. Guest

Keep looking at them myself..Not sure about them ,are they too small and give no obvious advantage to a 115 , which is small enough anyhow. The only reason I can see for buying them is that they are fatter,and some bloody cool colours!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Perch

Interesting to see where they put weights I try to make a few of my own :eek:

10. Pollock

I've got a few of the 88mm ones Richard but so far I've only caught small pollack on them, having said that I've only ever caught 1 bass on a Ruf Manic so my lack of success is hardly a reason for not buying one yourself :lolsign:.

11. Pollock

Lost mine first cast last year - don't forget to reel in quickly upon landing dohhhhh

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sandeel

Thank you gentleman for your replies. They have undoubtedly saved me a tidy sum of money. I will now go and fall in love with another lump of hard plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sea Trout Staff Member

I caught several pollack and a few bass on a white one over the season, in every instance the take was ferocious! I find them good for seeking out distant features as they cast so far, good for covering a lot of water, if you keep your rod tip high I've found you can reel pretty slow with them. Will be trying them again this year....but yeah, they sink like a stone of you stop reeling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Guest

Just been on ebay looking for a cheapish one to get the sandpaper on and some colours seem to have gone up in price by a lot .. Of course its the ones I use a lot !

15. Bass

Took the sand paper to one of mine ,nothing to lose, If it doesn't work I'll spray it white.
    upload_2017-2-8_21-14-42.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. Guest

Did a couple after the initial post , first chance to try them tomorrow morning.
    Shite conditions but hoping ..

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bass

Good luck.Mine will not see water for another two months.

18. Guest

Gareth, I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't go and end up buying more tackle I don't need..Going freeze my nuts off out wading at 3 o'clock this morning with little prospect of a fish .
    My wife has given up thinking I am stupid.....she knows I am !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Perch

I make loads of lures I don't use lol
    having a needle fish winter at the mo I'll chuck some photos up when I've finished them

• Like Like x 2
  20. Guest

Brian ,I am also making a couple of lures. Going to be a x between a needle and bay ruf . Wanted a bigger bay ruf to cast out of territorial waters and as you cant buy anything bigger than 135 thought I would make a couple .

• Like Like x 2