The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Saw it on the news earlier on Nigel, they were lucky !

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was a short sighted Kamikaze whale & he thought the yacht was flying the Japanese flag.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
There was one a year or so back where a Kayaker got too close and ended up being dragged under for a short time. Lovely past time watching whales...so long as you don't get too close.

Good job it didn't happen in this country Health and safety would have banned boats....or maybe even whales...:wink::wink:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love the bit "i still like whales" :) even after they made s**t of your yacht mate......they were very lucky though

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
another one for...'when its ok to use the 'f' word'!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how naive people can be. I love the idea of whale watching etc. So long as its the local people, with local knowledge etc taking you out to go watch them. Sure, sailors etc may come across them on their travels by chance. But to deliberately go and enter the personal space of an animal weighing many tons, maybe with young to protect too, in little more than sail powered a plastic (GRP) shelter?? Would that not be like going to watch hippo, rhino or elephants from behind the safety of a peddle powered Robin Reliant when out on safari in Africa?

Those people are so lucky to be alive!

·
Registered
323 Posts
where in whale season now they come in very close some places 50mt of shore humpbacks southern whites the odd blue they are huge the number of whales around each year is increasing . fishing a rock with my son we counted 17 one day boats further out saw over 100. already had a dead one still on the beach we get about 5 a year the men in grey suites are here in numbers 4.5mt boat white pointer 5.5mt along side time to go they cme up to the boat and bump it that gets the heart going.some guys even had the outboard chewed. pete now land based for the next monthor so

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dont blame you you m8.To think of all the chances I took spearfishing in South Africa during the annual sardine run.Had incounters with men in grey suits,men in brown suits,grey and white/black tip suits.Fortunately never ever GREY & WHITE suits and no whales.Well, a few whale sharks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts