The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

3 of us Cornish lads are heading off on a road trip down to Belle Ile on 27th August for 9 days. Going Plymouth to Roscoff then heading to Quiberon to get the boat accross. We plan on spending a fair few days over on Belle Ile, but also possibly fishing a few spots in South Brittany on the way down and back.

If anyone has any tips or locations for plugging around south west Brittany or Belle Ile itself we would be very greatful.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Vaughan.
I envy you. I keep trying to find time for a trip to la Belle Ile but so far I have not made it. It looks gorgeous and I wish you teh best of luck.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jon, yes can't wait for it, we did consider heading in your direction too though, might do that for my last few days off if I have the energy left!

Bobby, it works out about £550 to get there for 3 of us and a Mitsubishi Shogun. Thats not including fuel, but only a 500 mile round tri for us from Penzance, which is pretty good! The expensive bit is going to be the Ultimate Fishing shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
such a special place, dying to go back....

Best thing is to drop into the tackle shop on Belle-Ile and ask for some local advice - the guys working in there could not have been more friendly and helpful to us. Helps if you speak some French.

Loads of different kinds of marks on the east and the west coast, from beaches through to really hardcore rock marks. You should have a blast out there.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I would recommend a trip to the Gulf of Morbihan.

Try speaking to Lionel at his tackle shop "Le coin qui peche" at Port du Crouesty. He was stocking Pachinkos and Megabass softies before they were even heard of in the UK. He also put me on to some tidy marks when I was first there (I have been a twice since). If you are interested I can post the telephone number tonight.

There is also a charter boat that runs bass trips from Crouesty marina. I have never bothered as it is so expensive.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Henry, I just want to go now, but its a whole month away! And don't worry we will make sure we get plenty of good photo's (hopefully with some bass!)for you to enjoy :-D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the info Paul, if you could pm me the number later that would be really handy. We were deffinately thinking of fishing the Gulf for a few days, probably spend 5 on Belle Ile, leaving us with 3/4 to fish the gulf and the west brittany coast. It all looks pretty amazing around there, I have been dribbling on my keyboard looking at google maps for about 3 hrs now!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The shop name is actually Crouesty Peche! I always thought it was Le coin qui peche, that's their logo. Sounds better too....

Anyhow, telephone 00 33 2 97 536 826 (from outside France) or 02 97 536 826 in France.

Take a mullet rod too if that's your bag.

Best of luck, it is really a beautiful area with some unforgettable fishing spots. I can recommend a Hazedong Magnum (Wakasagi) rigged weedless and fished over the jap weed beds in the coves north of Arzon.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The shop name is actually Crouesty Peche! I always thought it was Le coin qui peche, that's their logo. Sounds better too....
We stayed in Port Navalo last year next to Port Crouesty and I bought a few lures and a Rapala Lock and Weigh fish grip from Crouesty Peche, the whole area is fantasic although we weren't blessed with the best weather during our stay.

One night walking along the coastal path on our way back from the Grand Largue restaurant to the Gite we were renting, the wind was howling and the waves were crashing up on to the rocks we could see blue lights flashing around the next bay so we walked around to investigate and a yacht had broken free from its mooring and was partially beached but being swept further along and imminent in danger of being smashed onto the rocks at the left hand side of the bay, someone had managed to fetch a huge rope which the owner and his friends were attempting to fasten onto the yacht.

Once they succeeded in getting the line tied to the yacht they appealed for volunteers to help try and hold the yacht off the rocks, so we and about 50 others spent the next hour or so getting soaked with spray as we fought an unequal tug of war with the wind and the waves, fortunately though as we were all getting completely cream crackered the Sauvetage en Mer lifeboat arrived and 2 rather brave crew members got into a small inflatable to try and drag a tow rope onto the yacht, which took some doing given the waves, but eventually they succeeded and the yacht was towed out and round into the safety of the harbour at Port Navalo without too much damage.

Glen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts