The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a demo site that shows u how to rig a belly weight for the slu-glo? I was fishing the estuary last night and noticed that the slu-glo was just staying up on the surface and i deceided to buy some belly weights, but cant work out how u put these on whilst threading the texas hook!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Reactions: Dom Sheppard

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I use belly weights a bit. I prefer rigging weedless, so I nick the hook through the top of the SP and thread the SP up to the eye of the hook, thread on the bands, then put the hookpoint through the SP to sit flush. You can then proceed to get furious whilst trying to get the little black rubber bands over the end of the weight. I use another hook now to grab it with.

·
Registered
363 Posts
thread texposer through head of slug, put two rubbers onto hook, finish rigging slug as normal.

attach the belly weight to the rubber bands, should sit along hook shank on under side of the slug.

hope this makes sense

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Dom

I am not sure what conditions or size slug-go's you are using. But I use the 3" ones alot with good success with Pollack.
I just use a 7g Jig head with a size 1/0 hook. It works like a charm. Take a look at some of my catch reports if you want to see what has been taken on them.
I had a 50cm one the other night.

So that could be worth a try depending on the conditions

·
Registered
63 Posts
i personally use lead solder wire wrapped round the shank till you get the desired weight,you can still siide it front and back to change the action slightly.worked for me for years albeit for pike on the local cut.cheers

·
Registered
292 Posts
i personally use lead solder wire wrapped round the shank till you get the desired weight,you can still siide it front and back to change the action slightly.worked for me for years albeit for pike on the local cut.cheers
Instead of lead solder i used lead strips from a petshop used for weighting plants down in aquariums each strip weighs 2g so you can add or takeaway a strip depending on what depth /conditions you want to fish

·
Registered
63 Posts
keith is the stuff from aquariums heavier for the size of it, is it a pure lead,if so i will look into it but the solder has stood the test of time for me.once its on the shank you can tidy it up with shrink tube with no fear of it undoing.cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts