The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the Bent Minnow Bought 1 from Bens shop What a lure A good sweep of the rod takes it down around 2ft Stop it and it very slowly floats up A tiny twitch takes it back down

I tested mine today in clear water Wow what a mover My mate Toby clipped his on walked 10yds to my right and was instantly into fish 3 to be precise in about 10 casts Jammy Ba NICE LURE THO

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi Marq. I also got one of these from Ben but havent given it much of a test yet but the action does look killer! It dives and flutters back to the surface just like a crippled fish, I am sure it will work as well for me as you but as its quite light, I just need the right mark. I will also be trying this for pike this autumn!

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Yes me too, got two from Ben .... one in wagasagi the other in pink head chartreuse ... not tried either but they look great, especially in the video.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hi Marq. I also got one of these from Ben but havent given it much of a test yet but the action does look killer! It dives and flutters back to the surface just like a crippled fish, I am sure it will work as well for me as you but as its quite light, I just need the right mark. I will also be trying this for pike this autumn!
Iestyn Jones has had pike and perch on his, Andrew.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Iestyn Jones has had pike and perch on his, Andrew.
I can see why, the action looks killer for pike! Definitely one for Esox this Autumn!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I am sure it will work as well for me as you but as its quite light, I just need the right mark. I will also be trying this for pike this autumn!
Andrew, I know nothing about pike fishing nor if you're intending on using your BM when out plugging for bass. However if you are, I've got the BM 86 & weighing in at 5 or 6 grammes I really thought that it would too light for where I was plugging yesterday & did not hold out much hope of catching on it.

Admittedly I did not cast it out when there was boiling white water in front of me but the water certainly was not flat calm either. I also did not try any other lures in the same spot where I had my bonanza but twitching it quite hard, it worked for me in relatively (for the size of the lure) rough conditions

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Point well made Toby. Not for the first time my 'perceived wisdom' is shown to be askew!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts