The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best casting lure fellas!! whats yours.?? mine is the zonk, Patchinko, sammy, feed shallow.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Patchinko'll get mst votes I expect, but I'd say the 17cm Daiwa Shoreline Shiner.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Depends on weight/size type of lure.
Agree that for the all comer under an ounce it is hard to beat the Patchinko, although as Ben pointed out the SLS-17F-G is right up there.
For their size the Duo TM90, Duo DC-9 and Megabass Edonis Missle all cast very well.
Of the more general lures that I use alot, it is hard to beat SLD-F125/145.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Patchinko for surface lure followed by the z claw which I think is a great little caster and a great lure.
Sub surface, the zonk gets out there but I also like the k 10 which for it's profile I think casts very well.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Patchinko, Bad Boy (make sure your rod is up for it), Cordell pencil, Z Claw, Gunfish, Zonk, Feed Shallow, SLD range, Rudras aint bad either. Like Dave said though, for their size the baby Zonk, missile, DC-9 go well too.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I'd have to agree with the mighty Pencil Popper. I have used it on my bass bait rod and managed to absolutely leather it out miles. Can still hear it at full range as well :)

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I'd have to agree with the mighty Pencil Popper. I have used it on my bass bait rod and managed to absolutely leather it out miles. Can still hear it at full range as well :)
For me the problem with the CPP is thet they are just to noisy,with that massive casting potential its the silly rattle that stops them from being a top plug etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anyone know a popper (in the chug bug style) that casts good distances. I fish an area where the water is often heavily coloured and poppers have worked in the past (for other people). However its extremely shallow so could do with some extra distance to reach some slightly deeper water.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts