·
Registered
4,540 Posts
wow what a great chub there milan well done

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we were fishing for pikes, but we caught lot of specimen chubs, we couldn't believe, they took 16 cm long jerkbaits !

·
Registered
66 Posts
heddon crazy crawler for me but definatly NOTthe mini one as you get to many throat hooked fish.
the jitter bug was a close second tho.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Are chub worth targeting in the winter on lures? If so, is there any particular winter lure/technique I should try? I'm in the UK at the moment and have the upper Thames a short trip away, and will be up on the Ure in Ripon next weekend, both rivers holding nice chub and perch

·
Registered
393 Posts
as far as im aware mark yes they are worth targeting in winter and they certainly give a good fight. soft plastics are probably the way to go, stuff like senkos should be good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are chub worth targeting in the winter on lures? If so, is there any particular winter lure/technique I should try? I'm in the UK at the moment and have the upper Thames a short trip away, and will be up on the Ure in Ripon next weekend, both rivers holding nice chub and perch
Chub are "catchable" on lures in winter however it is not easy. They are far more active and easier to catch on lures in summer and spring, in winter they seem to prefer smelly baits. Only ever caught 1 chub on a lure in winter. However perch fishing is usually great in the cooler months, maybe not for numbers but the big fish really come out to play.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Sandista. Thanks for sharing and reminding me I simply don't get out enough.

Do you keep your chub for the table to eat? There's a good 10 fish in one picture. Just wondered.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ah the rebel Wee Craw has got to be the one for me, had them to well over 5lb possibly pushing 6 on this lure.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts