The Lure Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
1,132 Posts
I've only just discovered lure fishing (for bass) in the last couple of years, this post has opened up a whole new world to me! I never knew you could fish for chub with lures! Thankyou ever so much for sharing!

· Registered
2,192 Posts
Anything Mike. They eat grubs, caterpillers, worms, slugs (favourite), any insects that fall on the surface, and fish. They'll take almost any bait you offer too, especially cheese ;) Doesn't make them easy to catch mind :)

· Registered
234 Posts
A few years ago I lived near Bedford and fished the Vauxhall A.C. sections on the Great Ouse quite a bit. After the first frosts the river was in fine nick for lures and I did very well (good perch mostly) on Megabass Baby Griffon, which also got this stonking chub. It works really well in shallow rivers. My favourite colour is Kinkuro.

Attachments

· Registered
2,192 Posts
A few years ago I lived near Bedford and fished the Vauxhall A.C. sections on the Great Ouse quite a bit. After the first frosts the river was in fine nick for lures and I did very well (good perch mostly) on Megabass Baby Griffon, which also got this stonking chub. It works really well in shallow rivers. My favourite colour is Kinkuro.
Hello again Rolfe. I haven't bought last years Vauxhall ticket for political reasons but hopefully will be back out on the Great Ouse this coming season.

· Registered
234 Posts
Hello again Rolfe. I haven't bought last years Vauxhall ticket for political reasons but hopefully will be back out on the Great Ouse this coming season.
Hi Andy

Missed your post - hope you're well - I can't believe its almost time for Nantes! Loved the Ouse - just starting to get to grips with it and got shunted off to Ireland. Once there I realised what an amazing little river it actually is.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.