The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fancied the tides and the weather Friday night for the first attempt at Bass for the year. I had a change of heart and decided not to go early on the spikey fellas and went for a more predictable target for April. I had a feeling that these tides and this time of year might provide a decent chance of a big Sea Trout. Having heard as much from guys with years of experience on this system it was a safer bet than a Bass trip for now.

As the tide pushed on I started to have a few doubts, expected to have had a fish or two by that point. I saw some baitfish jumping here and there as they were being chased. I had a few hits but they didn’t seem to be too committed. The spin stops weren’t as effective as they usually are with the strength of tide cutting across me. I then caught my first ever Smelt, hooked just in front of the eye. The blank was off:) No need to change lures either, identical profile and the colour wasn’t too bad either.

I had my first fish, nicely conditioned one at that. The stretch I was fishing was changing fast and I didn't expect another Trout without a bit of a trudge to change position. I made a few more casts just to make sure as I was feeling lazy, glad I did.
A prime fish that played dirty and hard.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Beautiful.

There are no other words.

P.S. congratulations.

Reactions: MA

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is an absolute belter Martin!
Still time to get your ticket Danny:) Saw another fish getting caught, maybe 300 yards away, judging by the water it threw up on re entry it looked substantial.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Still time to get your ticket Danny:) Saw another fish getting caught, maybe 300 yards away, judging by the water it threw up on re entry it looked substantial.
Got the photographs ready. Just need to pull the trigger Martin. That fish wouldn't be out of place among those Baltic beasties you see on Danish websites! Well done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts