The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having written off S Pembs given the forecast swell and winds, a timely "eyes on the ground" call from Clapham Junior had us tearing down to join them. We arrived two hours before low to see if this mark fished as well on the ebb as it had on the flood. Not today it didn't! Clarity was down on recent weeks and there was a fair old swell as well as a breeze that couldn't decide which direction to come from! By 4pm we were staring a blank in the face as we hadn't seen or moved a fish. Not to worry - a specific rock that had held fish for our last two trips came up trumps. After being bumped, I hooked a fish of around 2.5lbs that scrapped like hell. Once landed I got straight out again to hook a much better fish that got it's head down and taking line - then off! Three more casts I had another around 1.5lbs and George had a follow and a bump. I missed a take looking back over my shoulder then we had to get off the reef before being cut off. By now we were overdue for dinner but I thought I would have a few more casts along the way and had another schoolie. George was fuming by now as I had three and he had none. Not to be outdone he landed and returned a fish of 49cm (pic below) that had taken his Tide Minnow at the 3rd attempt.
I climbed up onto a rock next to him and we shared three more schoolies in the space of ten minutes - great fun! That was it - time to cut and run.
Can I just say what great company and absolute gentlemen Si & Jeff Clapham are, and I am happy to share a beach with them any time.
Not many pics today as the logistics were tricky, but we had a blast. Again.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Great work again guys :clap: Very glad that tenacity paid off for George too !!! It's gonna be a 'GREAT' season guys !!! :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great results gents. I had to finish the session early due the kids/mrs with me!!! Nice looking mark with plenty evidence of food for bass.

·
Registered
43 Posts
well done tim and george. i was going to dale put was trun back by the pod over 2000 ravers was down there so i whant
home i will pop out monday

all the best mark

·
Registered
773 Posts
Great to see normal service being resumed that’s now the last six trips you’ve had results, great to see.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great result Tim :-D you are nailing them every time you go out, so you can't ask for more than that, glad George stuck at it and managed some himself, Brilliant :cool:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Tim.....

Glad to see George is letting you have a few fish these days....;-);-)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brilliant results guys, fish every trip :-D consistency is the key!!!! Just suprised no big fish have shown?
I did hook a better fish, Iestyn but lost it after the initial headshaking and first run (just came off). It wasn't huge though - hard to guess as I didn't see it but maybe 4+lb? As I have said, we have seen lots of better fish at this mark but they were not in evidence yesterday. Never mind - maybe next time or another mark. We were a bit restricted where we could fish yesterday due to conditions.

·
Registered
659 Posts
:clap: Great result once again Tim & son,, we (Hywel and I) fished up west, but couldn't find any fish, west angle looks so good yet fishes so bad..:( .. congrats once again :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great fishing. Glad George got one in the end. I remember when I used to fish the local river all day and my dad (a non - fisherman) would come down for an hour and catch a decent fish first cast.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well done Tim, I wish i had been with you lot.

I went down south not a tap.

Just a £35 parking ticket.
Ouch! Should have stayed closer to home Steve!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts