The Lure Forums banner

Big Fixed Spool

913 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Mark C 
#1 ·
I'm minded to replace my Daiwa Emcast 5000, mostly because the line-lay is rubbish, it's getting a bit tired too (or I'm getting tired of it!) It will need to hold 300yds of 30lb powerpro. I'm not that bothered on make but I lean towards Shimano so they would be fave. As I understand it a Daiwa 5000 is the equivilant of a Shimano 6000, is this right? I'm minded to put £120 ish into the reel, wondered if any of you folk had any good ideas? Really needs to have an excellent front drag if thats possble for this sort of monies...

#5 ·
Tim, the daiwa's do tend to have wider spools than shimano's. Have you thought about the emcast evos? I have a pair of 5500 emcasts, although it depends on what youre going be using the new reel for? off the boat? or abroad? Of course you have the daiwa bull reels as well.

#7 ·
OK. up the ante... (ulp!)

Still looking for the right reel. Found a Shimano Saragosa 6000 for £167 in the UK, bit over the original budget but am tempted..... Just wondered if anyone knows much about them, assume they've got to be pretty alright, but y'know, it's a big leap from an Exage.... But I want a quality item for my tope attempts this summer and I've gone right off multis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.