Big Patchinko and the Savage gear Panic Prey | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Big Patchinko and the Savage gear Panic Prey

Discussion in 'Surface Lures' started by {name}, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Perch

Hi Gents'
    I don't own a big patch but I do have a couple of Panic preys. The SG PP cast very well I find them easy to work and kick up a commotion on the surface spitting away like a good one. So why or what is it that makes the large Patchinko the choice of so many of you. By the way I haven't caught on my SGPP but that applies to most of my lures lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bass

Snap. I've got a Patch 2 and the SGPP and never caught on either but I've had lots of bass to 55 cms on the Patch 100, I'm still a novice with lures though so don't write off anything just because I haven't caught on them.

Best where I fish on the surface has been the vulture and skimmer, sub surface the Shoreline Shiner is king, still got lots to learn though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Striper

I treat them as different lures not just one is a copy of the other, the smaller savage has caught a lot of fish this year and being a bit bigger than the patch 100 attracts less schoolies
    The patch has more ways you can work it because its mouth does not grab the water so it can slide far better
    I now only carry the smaller sgpp and a large patch but will also carry the small patch early season

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Perch

Hi Dave does this mean that mouth is deeper on the Panic pray, could some well placed epoxy have the same effect, reducing the grab effect?

5. Striper

There is no lower chin on a normal patch ( below the eye you clip on to ) so I was going to try cutting/rubbing that down but never got round to it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Banned

The mark 1 large sg PP is my blank saver
    I love them.
    The 105 has done me proud this year when I did manage to get out too
    I sold my baby patches as they never got a sniff on my venues and have never bothered buying a large patch.

If you slow down the rod twitch it cuts out the popping effect on the pp Brian ;)

7. Pollock

I have seen good fish caught by both , mainly waked . Regarding why you think it that the Large Patch is the choice of most , it's nothing more than a confidence thing in the lure .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Perch

Cheers gents judging by the comments I think I'll persevere with the PP before spending on a Patch

9. Striper

The bigger patch, to be blunt has a few way better colours

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Perch

Cheers Mat I suspected that might have something to do with it I'm in the middle of spraying up one at the moment I chuck a picture up when it's finished

• Like Like x 3
  11. Perch

SG Panic Prey spayed up and laquered ready for action

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Perch

just pulled up some photo's on the web, and I see what you mean there's no dishing there at all.
    Might just try filling it in with epoxy as i said previously