The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don`t know if everyone else is aware but the radio 1 big weekend is happening this weekend down the road in bangor.having won a pair of tickets via a ballot on sat & also going with a mate on sunday ,i thought i`d have a quiet nite tonite.however by 8 o clock i was bored and on the spur of the moment threw my pluggin gear in the car and headed off towards a favourite mark:wink:
after parking it took another good 25 min trek to my chosen spot.being low water,there wasn`t much depth there but from experience i knew there was a good chance of a fish.
1st cast with a surface popper and a fish made a couple of lunges at the lure but failed.
full of confidence i carried on but there was nothin doin for the next hour.:cry:
by now with light fading i decided to switch to a feed shallow(mullet):wackit::wackit2:
and although i saw fish rising i didn`t get a touch.then dead on low water i was hit & i knew instantly that it was a good 1! after a few head shakes on the surface it just peeled line off my reel:wackit: i had to walk from left to right and follow it as it just showed awesome power in only about 3 feet of water.after a superb fight for a good 5 min and having walked a good 50 yards i landed my best bass SO FAR!! and to get it on such light tackle was superb.
the pics don`t do it justice but here they are anyway

just under 6lbs on my scales.and after a good 5 mins of recovery she swam off to hopefully get bigger:-D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Bill,

Looks like you had a brilliant session, keep things going and let us know how you get on in the future !

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
great stuff Billy,well done on your pb, think it wont be that long before you go bigger again as there are quite a few 7-8 lbers coming out on lures from Anglesey, love the way you sacrificed your coat on the mud so as not to dirty that red kit of yours.... lol

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Lovely big fish, Billy. Always nice to move your PB upwards too. Hope the rest of the weekend is as good!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Great result Bill, nice to hear of some decent fish coming out up our way...cheers Ian.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Great news was planning a session over to the isle tomorrow evening.
I've not fished Anglesey before, don't need too know any of your special marks but wondered if you could point me in the right direction.
Should i be heading north, south, east, west, home? Sorry too ask but its a pretty big island, one i hope too learn well this year.
Cheers Nath

1 - 20 of 20 Posts