Bigger Topwaters | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Bigger Topwaters

Discussion in 'Surface Lures' started by {name}, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Salmon

Looking to try some bigger (and hopefully good casting) topwaters next season. I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of lures like the TackleHouse Britt,
    The Maria Loaded, Tailwalk Gunz. Basically 140-160mm ~50g
    Whats good, whats bad??

[​IMG]
    Tacklehouse Contact Britt 145mm 48g

2. Tarpon

Magnum Z-Claw :wackit:.

3. Salmon

Da*n good point that Simon,
    Yeap the Magnum Z Claw is definately a good option, and seen a few videos of them getting spanked by bass in France. Very good call Simon, Cheers.

Another one for the list Tiemco Magnum Red Pepper??

4. Pollock

Cotton Cordell or Dildo as its known has caught a lot of good fish over here.

5. Bass

Bonnie 128 by Illex ... great lure for bigger fish

;-)

6. Blenny

some of those orion lures are bigger and heavier than what you would normally use

7. Banned

Agreed. Bonnie 128 in Bone is a cracker. You are probably looking for bigger than that though????

8. Salmon

Yeap Crevan MUCH bigger, Agree though that the bonnie is a good lure, and often overlooked.

9. Striper

When I get back from El Salvador, have a look at the monsters I got from the states! I am not sure if they are really going to be bass lures but they sure look good!

10. Perch

how about one of these dave....bomber saltwater popper. 180 mm and circa 60 grms 001 [bomber saltwater popper].JPG

11. Sausage!

any of you lads got any pics or links for lures between 50 and 90 grams(preferably surface)please:cry:

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

any of you lads got any pics or links for lures between 50 and 90 grams(preferably surface)please:cry:,sean were did you get that beauty from?

12. Perch

picked up a shed load of gear last month in the states while striper hunting....the one in the pic was about 8 dollars,they also come in a smaller version about 45grms i think,but sadly the shop didnt have them in stock,picked up a few of the 7" anyway...

13. Striper

At the risk of hijacking a sensible and useful thread with my nonsense, here is a few of the topwaters going with me tomorrow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats the small Patchinko for comparison.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Striper

what abut that no alibi from xorous, could paint over the mouth and teeth, bigger sammy.

15. Sausage!

jesus they are big,hope you do the biz mate and were did you get them from?

16. Sea Trout

dave i was at nantes last year and i asked hubert he is a guide for ultimate fishing what was the latest lure and he showed me the britt and gave me a demo in the tank it looked really good.i bought 4 of them and to be honest i only used 1 of them once.i was put off my the size of the hooks and was meaning to change them but never did.i was looking at them today thinking i must change the hooks maybe this year?.i think they use them for tuna according to some reviews i read i hope this helps.

17. Salmon

Cheers Guys,
    The Bomber Pencil is a better made version of the old Cotton Cordel Pencil, very good value.
    Pat, you are right the Tackle House Britt was desined for blue water fishing (tuna/dorado), but it is a nice size to mimic a mackerel. I know from experience just how big a mackerel even a 3lb bass will inhale. So I am thinking that larger surface lure might put the schoolies off a bit and give the larger fish a chance.

18. Chub

• Like Like x 1
  19. Salmon

Nice lures Mark,
    Been looking at the Super Finder Jerk, and the 190sr from Lucky Craft as they have been reveiewed on a couple of blog sites recently. Strangely the Daiwa SLS17S out casts them both, but the author has been doing well with the Finder bass wise. About 19euros for the Finder isn't too bad either.

20. Pike

Dave/Ritchie,

These may be of interest to you although they are aimed at the Striper Bass.
    The fat boy sliders are 7 inches and weight 82gms, the stubby needles are 5 1/2 inches and weigh 45 gms and the junior needles are 8 inches and weight 60 gms.
    DSCN0197.JPG DSCN0198.JPG DSCN0199.JPG DSCN0200.JPG

Waiting for the poppers to arrive and will post pictures of them for you when I have them to hand.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012