The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to grab a couple of hours over low water this morning on the North Coast - good surf with a light SE wind. Tried on the surface and sub surface but no interest than at low water saw fish moving in and out of gullies so changed to a Xorus Midway in Aji on a Decoy S - Switcher. Flicked it infront of fish bow-waving through the gully in front of me which after an impressive fight ended up in the attached that went 8lb 1oz.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Ben!! Beauty!! Did well to find a sheltered spot up here today from what I've heard about the surf!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ben, the surf was quite big but fishable, looks like the wave height is reducing through the day so might give it a go this evening or head the the south coast with the kayak.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done superb fish.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Ben, that is a terrific fish on a soft lure - who needs plugs?? I would love a fish that size....

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Fantastic lump of a bass,
Well done, good luck if you head out later.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Cracking lunker that Ben, well done and good luck for tonight !

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Thanks Ben, the surf was quite big but fishable, looks like the wave height is reducing through the day so might give it a go this evening or head the the south coast with the kayak.
I'm surprised actually. Been on the coast for most of the afternoon (no rod unfortunately) and the swell was nowhere near as impressive as I'd thought it might. The lady is working during the day so I'll head out then to see if I can make something happen. Good luck tonight!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts