The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Birthday coming up so i thought i would treat myself any of you fellas fished with any of the new daiwa branzino rods?? Instead of buying another Tenryu, thought i would get a Morethan Branzino Tidebreaker custom 7"6 to complete it getting a Daiwa Tournament iso-z 3000lbd reel, Only trouble is going to get hit by duty as can only get it in japan any ideas.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Birthday coming up so i thought i would treat myself any of you fellas fished with any of the new daiwa branzino rods?? Instead of buying another Tenryu, thought i would get a Morethan Branzino Tidebreaker custom 7"6 to complete it getting a Daiwa Tournament iso-z 3000lbd reel, Only trouble is going to get hit by duty as can only get it in japan any ideas.
I was in the same position a few weeks ago.
I looked at the Daiwa Branzino:wackit2: rods (stunning) but went with another Tenryu.
I think that for me the Branzinos are overpriced for what they are and with the Tenryus I knew exactly what I was getting and ended up 'investing' in the one that I should have had in the first place.
As far a the reel goes I would look know further than the Branzino:wackit: or the new Certate (stunning).
I have been running one this year and think that although expensive and line lay that isn't a patch on a Shimano,they are stunning and the smoothness and retrieve rate is brilliant and the clutch is supurb.
I love the Branzino,you do get what you pay for.:wackit:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Michael

Veals now stock a number of the Daiwa Branzino rods and reels and have a "Stop Press" in their Bass 2010 catalogue for the Morethan Branzino Tidebreaker custom 7'6" @ £589 though they do state these are diificult to get hold of.

Glen

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mickael,
just bare in mind that the French branzinos aren't the same as the Japanese ones, same technology but different design. I would look at the Japanese line up. I know a couple of the members on here have Branzino Daybreaker Customs. Everyone that has handled one has raved about it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas, The japanese versions are the ones i want!! Although it needs to be special to beat my van staal and Tenryu topwater.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts