The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a funny old week, soo busy at work it's mental. Big deals to complete and i'm new to it so I really needed some fishing to get me back down to earth for the weekend.

I started friday lunchtime, hour for lunch, took the car to work with rod in the back and i'm away sharp!

2nd cast... Thought it was a shiny hitting the feed close in but no.

WorkRockie.jpg

Had to take my tie off. It was getting tangled up in the reel...

Nothing else despite there obviously being baitfish about, could see the odd eruption but unfortunately the cause of fleeing bait was a group of 4 shag/cormorants working together. After the last time I didn't want to hook another one when wearing my suit so had to avoid the action area unfortunately.

Time passed fast so had to return to work but pressure slightly relieved.

Friday night and i was out again. Dead neaps here at the moment, only about 2m movement high to low so little tide flow, pants in other words!! Ended up LRF'ing but I got me a new PB on a home design soft plastic
. Not had a whiting in years and years. Not exactly common down here.

Whiting2.JPG home design

Whiting.JPG Big hammer

That was that for last night, nothing big but a PB anyway.

Today... Not much chance to fish in daylight this time of year so it's weekends.

I've been exploring some old marks which I have not fished in years and years lately, and certainly never with lures and same again today, always feels like a waste of a day when you don't catch much as it was again today but at least I can write off some of those old marks. Cliff mark, bracken, brambles, gorse, blackthorn, then down on your bum and some ropes to help. getting back up was, er... interesting!! But i'm still here.

Anyway, the fishing. Well i thought it looked OK but a brisk NE wind is never very productive on this island for me and was rather nippy.

2nd cast however and the rockies showed themselves as being about.

16.10.10Wrasse.JPG

I had several more follows on the rockie bashing gear but no hookups.

I tried some big softies in the deep water and at one point thought i was going to be in but it was an odd take, very rattly and very powerful at the same tine but no hookup, not sure what that was. It is a known bream spot??

Saw some huge mullet, and when I saw huge I mean easy doubles. and also saw what I am convinced was a big bass cruising about, just too deep to tell for sure if it was mullet or bass, but it was not acting like a mullet and passed me at least 4 times. I put who knows what past in front of it and had a minor reaction to a sayori shad but nothing more than a slight change in direction to investigate. No interest in the Zonk.

There we go. still tomorrow to go, bass are hard right now but i don't have the time to do the hours, always an hour or 2 at most lately.

Still, relaxes the mind!!

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
As usual Andy a great report with great pictures, you certainly have loads of enthusiam in your fishing, just a shame you stopped your guiding, is such a loss to the island :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Smartest angler in the Channel Isles

Its how we all fish here in the land of the the loadsa £££ eh :)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That Wrasse looks a deep-bodied one, much weight to it?
Didn't weigh it as it's not over my plastic piggy bank 4-8. I would say between 3 and 3-8. Lost count of how many I have had between 3 and 4lb now. Just wish I could catch that many bass that size!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Andy. Love the the idea of going out lrfing suited and booted- now thats what I call a lunch hour ! Actually, going to work in waders might be more efficient, time wise?

Sincerely, very best of luck for the fest and I'm sure you'll be made very welcome. It would be good see those home made lures get some action in foreign waters !

Neil

1 - 17 of 17 Posts