The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
TUNA love them, simply the best sportfish in our oceans. Bet you are counting the days Alex

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Pretty blo*dy well Alex,
Caught them on 4lb old style spin gear-awesome fun. But it will be much easier with LRF gear (aji techniques should suit them perfectly)
Got a mark in Brighton where you can catch them 15' away on tiny topwaters as well. Come down when they return and we will have a hoot!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
LOL Alex,
All joking aside, what people don't tend to realise is just how useful practicing on small strong fighting fish can be when you go after something bigger. Your fish playing skills will be honed, so you will know how and when to react to the fish during the fight. You will have learnt the hard way when and where the dangerous points are during the fight are, they would learn how to tie their knots to squeeze every ounce of breaking strain out of the light line, what reels and rods do under real fishing conditions. People could do alot worse that chase our mini speedster's Mackerel and Scad before heading off after their larger sexier relatives. A good friend and fishing mate is planning on chasing them on a #4 weight next summer, so give me a shout, as hopefully we should have them sorted.

I have to admit Alex, that video has gotten me thinking, Might have to start lining up a trip to Kenya-Yellowfin in good numbers in the 50-70kg bracket, at the right time of year. After all it will give me the excuse I want to buy A new Saltiga set up!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts