The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well it's Monday morning, so i thought i'd pop up a couple of pics from the weekend. Nothing spectacular to report, but a few Shirley's landed, and all on s/p's . . . .

On Friday evening, i managed to sneak out of work early, and hit the Gower on my own. The first Shirley fell to a paddle-tail mounted on a 5g Jig Head . . . .

I then swapped to an Xlayer, and nailed the 2nd Shirley whilst dead-stick . . . .

Both were released safely. I have vids of the releases, but i was standing out on submerged rocks, so it was a bit tricky to get decent pics, and the vids were nothing special.

On Sunday morning, Luke & i popped out. We didnt bother going on one of our usual dawn-raids, as the tides didnt favour it. Luke had already declared on the way down that he wasnt bothered about catching anything, as he's saving it for Jersey. He wasnt joking either, as he seemed to enjoy sunning himself on the rocks like a Baby Seal, far more than fishing.

Anyway, i managed to winkle-out another on a paddle-tail . . . .

. . . which swam off strongly . . .

& that was that :D.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cracking report Si.

Lose that lure clip though. It's nearly as big as your lure and will be affecting it's action.
I was thinking the same thing tbh Keith. It just felt wrong. I've been tending to tie-on directly recently, but i'm not sure what that's doing to the action either. I'm a bit betwixed & between'd on lure clips at the moment. I reverted back to JB's recently, but it does 'look' wrong. Not sure why i didnt take it off.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Si :p All on SP's again :clap:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done, Si. Similar to my own weekend. Couple of nice bass on the SPs down in West Wales for me too...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Si!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Great report Si! Glad to see the old man can still the odd one rather than just weigh them for the kids!

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well done mr "sp" bassman stop keeping all these bass to yourself lol .great pic's + report AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Top man si...you are really gettin to grips with this style of fishing,welldone bud.Ill put in more time and effort on this method early next season,collecting the right tools along the way.top report matey,
cheers daz.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts