The Lure Forums banner

Bit of s/p Bumbling

1K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  Matt Newcombe 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well it's Monday morning, so i thought i'd pop up a couple of pics from the weekend. Nothing spectacular to report, but a few Shirley's landed, and all on s/p's . . . .

On Friday evening, i managed to sneak out of work early, and hit the Gower on my own. The first Shirley fell to a paddle-tail mounted on a 5g Jig Head . . . .

I then swapped to an Xlayer, and nailed the 2nd Shirley whilst dead-stick . . . .

Both were released safely. I have vids of the releases, but i was standing out on submerged rocks, so it was a bit tricky to get decent pics, and the vids were nothing special.

On Sunday morning, Luke & i popped out. We didnt bother going on one of our usual dawn-raids, as the tides didnt favour it. Luke had already declared on the way down that he wasnt bothered about catching anything, as he's saving it for Jersey. He wasnt joking either, as he seemed to enjoy sunning himself on the rocks like a Baby Seal, far more than fishing.

Anyway, i managed to winkle-out another on a paddle-tail . . . .

. . . which swam off strongly . . .

& that was that :D.

See less See more
1 4
#3 · (Edited)
Cracking report Si.

Lose that lure clip though. It's nearly as big as your lure and will be affecting it's action.
I was thinking the same thing tbh Keith. It just felt wrong. I've been tending to tie-on directly recently, but i'm not sure what that's doing to the action either. I'm a bit betwixed & between'd on lure clips at the moment. I reverted back to JB's recently, but it does 'look' wrong. Not sure why i didnt take it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.