The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after umming and ahhing a lot i opted for the savage gear roadrunner rod and took it for a splash this afternoon, was aiming to pick out the resident bass in the moorings.
Though nothing happening so i went wandering rod in hand, a few casts with a tronix pencil lure 160mm i was getting slight nips i could feel through the rod.
Then a small launce hit the bloody lure!!! God i wish i had a small lrf rod for this sort of thing.
Nothing else showing though christened the new rod so happy days. Since i have made the conversion to lure fishing for everything this is not only a new species for me in general but first lure caught fish on my new quest.

tight lines

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
they're lovely rods, especially for the price (got my 1st one new for £32 from amazon). I now have 2 which I reserve for my annual pollack trips to Ireland. I assume it's the 7ft one you got?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes mate the 7fter that i bought after much deliberation. Though i have got used to the difference in length now.
Very nice rod for the price i must say

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well done on the new species Mike and good luck with the new rod.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys i have got used to the rod in genral now, have my eyes on an 8ft er now to go with it lol.
Never though i could catch a launce on a lure though just goes to show:-o

Tight lines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts