The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bream ie blue lip or blackies are very slow growing 40cm fish would be 20yrs+ 50cm 30yrs+
can be caught on bait s/p but are fished 90pc on hard bodys deep dvrs shallow +poppers
lure size 4cm to 6cm weights 2.5grm to 5-6grm you have to be brve and get the lure in to the snags ie over hanging trees bushes fallen trees any where they can tie you up .they are salt water fish but can tolerate some fresh water when rain pushes down the rivers they eat mussels crabs prawn. they also go in to shallow water so flat fishing sorry wading can be great fun ie sight fishing there are tournaments held and some make a living out of it any body can enter pay your fee and thats it you have to win certajn compsto get into the final rounds rods 6ft to 7ft graphite 1to3kg 2-4kg most youse 2 rods 1 s/p different action the other h/b stiffer action. alot of guys are yousing 2lb there nuts my freind 2 casts 50dollars swam down river i use 6lb with a 8lb flurocarbon leader sunline.
reels shimano stradiC ci4 2500f okuma alumina 30. hobie came on board last year so we have a boat and yak in the same comps rules 5 fish in the livewell all legal size 28cm then you can upgrade all catch and release but they taste great. they are hard fighting fish that can smash you and tie good knots . cheers pete anything else let me know:-D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to make it viable stop the netters we are having probs down here they kill every thing bie catch undersize dam i'll get of my soapbox now

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Pete,
Albany, been there years ago not long after the whaling stopped. Used to see some impressive Noahs around there.
I was born in Freemantle, and lived in Safety Bay for a while before moving up north.
Caught plenty of good bream on the Swan river (with live prawns!!) casting from boats under pretty much any thing that over hangs the water.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi dave i also lived in east preston outside worthing whailing station is now a tourest center and a few mates worked there very big noahs big pointers to 6mts some to 7
we still get pointers in the sound and seem on the increase bream kalgan -king river ever fish them
pete

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kieth how deep are we talking winter we change to blades vibes to get dwn to 6mts to 10mts depending on wich system your fishing and they are not so active but still come up on to the flats the big bream are always under the small ones you have to get pest them first what about your bream as far as i can remember they dont school and 2kg fish are loners?
pete

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry kieth tournament is all boat and kayak local is shore based as well but on the decline more a social comp now you sit in your boat-kayak and cast to the bank seems abit daft but thats it unless you know of holes or underwater structure they can be in 1ft of water under a tree limb . pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts