The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Pete. Gonna have a go at cracking the Giltheads here soon!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I think we are going to have to re-evaluate the Bream thing.

Paul B told me about a 'White' Bream a spearo shot Saturday. OK, I know spearfishing can be controversial but listen up.....

Weighed 1090 grams. New British Record but.....

It was amongst a shoal that had bigger fish in it.

And, I personally saw a shoal of whites yesterday near where it happened that were much larger than I've ever seen.

A local bait rod has been getting them regular over a pound too and Gilts mixed in.

Are the Whites starting to become really established here ? I think they might which is good news. Why you say ?
Because, unlike Black Bream that seem to only come up shallower in the hours of darkness, I've seen big shoals of White's in water as shallow as a meter.

That makes it a more viable LRF or HRF Target.

Good news I think.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think we are going to have to re-evaluate the Bream thing.

Paul B told me about a 'White' Bream a spearo shot Saturday. OK, I know spearfishing can be controversial but listen up.....

Weighed 1090 grams. New British Record but.....

It was amongst a shoal that had bigger fish in it.

And, I personally saw a shoal of whites yesterday near where it happened that were much larger than I've ever seen.

A local bait rod has been getting them regular over a pound too and Gilts mixed in.

Are the Whites starting to become really established here ? I think they might which is good news. Why you say ?
Because, unlike Black Bream that seem to only come up shallower in the hours of darkness, I've seen big shoals of White's in water as shallow as a meter.

That makes it a more viable LRF or HRF Target.

Good news I think.
Thats goods news
no the spearo but the bream movinig in
hope they get up here too

bream on lures - fantastic

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Edit!!! Just found this : http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Diplodus-vulgaris.html

So Andy, spill the beans sir! (did that spool arrive with you today? Should have done)
yes, I hold the local White Bream record. I was targetting the british record two banded bream record (as there were some mixed in, we could see them well enough for a 90% ID)but settled on a local White Bream record instead.

Huge it was, nearly ripped my arm off...

WhiteBream1.JPG

No sight of the spool but the post has been slow just lately.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I'll give it a miss. Going to go relax on a cruise ship for 2 weeks before I hit our Bass open hard when I get back. I'm claiming it's all part of my comp preparation. I.e. not bass fishing for 3 weeks and then hit it hard.

·
Registered
498 Posts
hi peter what depth of water are you fishing for the bream? also ive got a couple of koolabong bream blades have you ever used these?,thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh, and there have been reports in the last month of Giltheads, Black and Couches bream here... Bring it on LRF!!
very jealous! lrf on those would be a fight an a half! have had days when i have been in spain where those two types have bream have provided me with some serious sport on standard plugging gear! when they are up for it they can be very aggressive, have had them on full size feeds and some days you have to take the teaser off as you can't get through them. so scrappy for their size! a proper lrf setup and a 1lb bream would be a serious fight!!
Just realised wrong quote, was talking about the white and the banded bream! giltheads lrf!? terminal scrap!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Gilthead lrf is not possible unless you find one about the lb Mark. I had one of 5-10 last year on the bass rod and seriously struggled. Just like a double figure bass but stronger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts