The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried at the harbour again last night with my youngest Martin. Not a great deal to report on the lrf front, just about 3 takes otd which the fish managed to free themselves each time. However, I had my RLSD with me, and stuck on a gulp sandeel with a 10gm jighead. At first I left it for periods of a couple of minutes deadstick, while using my lrf rod. Next time I picked up the heavy rod, gave it a couple of lifts and kept in control of the weight back down, there was an almighty bite at the other end (even I couldn't have missed it, oh i did Doh!). I reeled it back in, and the last 1.5" had been bitten clean off. I put a new eel on (shortened this time) and continued getting plenty of otd takes each time resulting in nothing? Finally, on a smaller take I managed to catch a pollock, probably about 1lb, which fell off coming up the wall.

I'm sure the strong bites earlier weren't pollock. Might have another go again tonight, but this time put a second hook at the eels rear end.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Sounds like an interesting session Gary despite not scoring. Look forward to hearing about the results from your modified tactics !!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
At least you were getting bites, Gary - more than me recently! Are you hoping the "big" bites were from the bass?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Getting the fishing time in is the key Gary, and you will have your rewards soon !

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be Mark, there were certainly a lot less pollock around. On the plus side, I saw 3 seperate shoals of mullet cruising into the harbour about 30 fish in each group.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Gary I was at Bonne Nuit last night and had quite a few good bites but blanked, think I did see a squid rising from the deep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts