The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down Port st Mary for a quick chuck last night. I was there for 1/4 hour when six, erm... oriental peoples arrived with a couple of rods. There was me with my new rod, new reel and huge range of lures. These folk had boat rods that looked like they came from a jumble sale: the sopisticated one had rings held on with zip ties, the other one had two eyes held on with insulation tape, the stripey earth kind. They stuck some queenie frills on and promptly started hauling in shitties and then, as a massive slap in the face for me, an orange (think David Dickinson) girl squealed like a pig and pulled up a 3lb-ish Ballan! The two blokes had driven off somewhere so she was dancing around squeaking with this fish hanging off her 'rod' so it was left to me to unhook it. "What is it?" she asked me (first comprehensible language I'd heard) "a Ballan" says I. "What?" says she. "A Ballan Wrasse" I replied. "Can I eat it?" "No" I said and threw it back. When the two blokes came back with another six of their mates I had to leave.....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sorry to hear that Tim, really can be a nuisance when you're wanting a nice quiet, calm approach. At least you managed to return the ballan before Itchifanny (or whatever her name was) decided to kill it.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Gary, all I wanted was an hours quiet fishing. I had to laugh at myself as much as anything with all my flash gear and them with their broomsticks. Them hauling fish in one after another, me the eternal blanker. I was thinking of sticking a Queenie frill on but I couldn't stand the million mph chatter!!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Gutted Tim. Know the feeling. Although slightly different, I ended up being a bit cornered when I was out last week. Anglers on one side, a big gang of drunken teenagers the other! (how old do i sound?!). lol

Sound travels very well around a calm and quiet harbour at night - unfortunately! ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts