The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would let you know that Bob got food poisoning on new years eve, well the hospital think thats what it is, he has been in the hospital since early new years day. We went to see him yesterday, he looks a bit drained to be honest but a bit better than he was. What a start to the new year eh! It was a fruit de mer that is the prime suspect.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
mrfishjersey said:
Just thought I would let you know that Bob got food poisoning on new years eve, well the hospital think thats what it is, he has been in the hospital since early new years day. We went to see him yesterday, he looks a bit drained to be honest but a bit better than he was. What a start to the new year eh! It was a fruit de mer that is the prime suspect.
Not sure what fruit de mer is ? But give Bob all the very best and wish him a speedy recovery :jump:

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stevelewis430101 said:
Not sure what fruit de mer is ? But give Bob all the very best and wish him a speedy recovery :jump:
Its a sea food platter Steve, Crab, Lobster, etc etc, he recons it could have been an oyster as his mrs had eaten all of what he had too and she is fine. I am hoping he will be home tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Poor Guy,
If you speak to him, please pass on my wishes to for a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
mrfishjersey said:
stevelewis430101 said:
Its a sea food platter Steve, Crab, Lobster, etc etc, he recons it could have been an oyster as his mrs had eaten all of what he had too and she is fine. I am hoping he will be home tomorrow.

LiamH said:
Its Magic Sea Mushrooms. Get well soon Bob :D
Well you guy's don't half eat well in the channel islands :rollineyes:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Bob gets a headstart on the New Year's weight loss resolution then?

I'll get my coat...

Seriously though, wish him all the best from me. My missus ordered a Fruit De Mer a few years back in Boulogne. Whilst she likes sea-food, she was not prepared for the "rock pool on a plate" that she got. Everything was raw, and most went back untouched!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Get well soon, Bob, I really feel for you as I had food posioning from some continental meats that were passed their best. For 2 days the toilet was my best friend but I didnt get taken to hospital. God knows what the poor fella has had to go through.

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just phoned the hospital, he is on his way home later today, I bet he is glad of that, he had a guy next to him that sounds like Jabba the Hut and the poor guy opposite him looked like he had days to live, glad Bobs on the mend, not a nice place to start the new year and the pain must have been aweful.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts