The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
James

I don't know anything about that make of fish grip, however I really don't think that you are going to equal a boga grip & save a load of money.
Give Orvis tackle a ring they sometimes have deals on & you can save 15% or more on boga grips off them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi James,
I have that boga and it does the job, mine came from Bass Pro for a lot less money.
It's seen a couple of years use and is still in good condition.

Steve.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Have a search around on the internet. I recently picked up the 15lb version of the Boga for about £90 delivered. I used a cheap 15E one I got from a french website beforehand, which was ok, but not sure how long it'll last. The Boga's just go on and on and on with little care apparently - its a lifetime purchase, provided you dont loseit of course.

The plastic ones they do in the US seem to be very popular over there, they are orange. Sorry, thats all I know about them...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Thanks Keith,
There's always a danger coming across stuff like this and then being unsure what to believe.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I remember that article (or one very similar) popping up on a previous discussion (not sure if it was this forum though). As i recall no real conclusive right or wrong approach was settled upon, and the general feeling was that more damage can be done by poor handling without a Boga than with one? I cetainly use a Boga, and find it invaluable when lure fishing inparticular.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I remember that article (or one very similar) popping up on a previous discussion (not sure if it was this forum though). As i recall no real conclusive right or wrong approach was settled upon, and the general feeling was that more damage can be done by poor handling without a Boga than with one? I cetainly use a Boga, and find it invaluable when lure fishing inparticular.
Spot on Simon

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Cheers guys....I'm now on the look out for a Boga.....along with a hundred lures...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
umm, just checked..

old boga thread must have gotten lost in one of the transitions.

Basically, just buy one, you won't regret it. Best bit of Bass kit so far. Close second is my VS.
Built for the job.

·
Registered
519 Posts
have to agree on that, had ours for 10 years or so now, always lives in the salt, never gets washed unless it rains, only been serviced once, works a treat, best money on any gear i've spent apart from the VS, buy cheap buy twice.

kev

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, for what is worth i bought a cheap rapala grip a while ago and lost a very nice fish thanks to a malfunction (or so my fishing partner claimed!). I then invested in an Original Lipper which is great. The quality of the build is excellant and I have landed bass to 9.5lb (not mine unfortunately) with no problems. It also comes with a fantastic leather holster which is the nuts, really well manufactured and comfortable to wear. The link below shows one currently available on e-bay.
Regards Richard

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boga-grip-The...9QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPesca?hash=item5188342eef

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Thanks Rich...... now there's 2 choices....decisions..decisions...:mrgreen:

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
There you are ****, a new line for you. At around £100 for a set of Bogas a float for under £10 may save your investment disappearing in to the depths.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts